Last Updated: March 30, 2020
We may choose or be required by law to provide different or additional disclosures relating to the processing of personal information about residents of certain countries, regions or states. Please refer below for disclosures that may be applicable to you:
- If you are a resident of the State of California in the United States, please click here for additional California-specific privacy disclosures.
- Nevada residents may opt out of future sales of certain covered information that a website operator has collected or will collect about the resident. We do not sell personal information as defined by Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes.
Personal Information Collection and Use
We collect personal information you provide through our Services or give to us in any other way, including over the phone or on paper. In connection with these activities, we collect the following:
- Contact information. We receive personal information such as your name, email address, and telephone number when you communicate with us through the Services through the “Contact Us” page, apply for a job, or otherwise communicate with us. We may also collect any communications between you and pocket.watch and any other information you provide to pocket.watch. We will use your contact information to communicate with you directly about the Services and answer your questions, issues or concerns you or other users have; send you marketing communications, including news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners; or respond to employment opportunities for which you’ve applied.
- Social Network Information. When you interact with us through a social media site or third party service, such as when you like, follow, share or connect to pocket.watch content on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram or other sites, we may receive information from the social network including your profile information and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. We use this information to communicate or interact with you on the social network, to better understand the demographics of our visitors and to personalize content and advertising. The data we receive from these third party sites is dependent upon that third party’s policies and your privacy settings on that third party site. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our website or Services.
- Information Collected Through Tracking Technologies. When you use the Services, we collect information about such use, including the browser or device you use to access the Services, read our emails or engage with us. This information is typically collected through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, web beacons, embedded scripts, and similar technology (collectively, “tracking technologies”), and we may utilize third party services to assist us with this effort. For example, we collect:
- Information about your browser or device, such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, platform type, device type, operating system, date and time stamp, a unique ID that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, mobile device or your account, and other such information. We may also collect information about your geographical location data at the city level or may approximate your location by analyzing other information like an IP address.
- Information about how you access and use the Services, such as the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave our website, the pages you visit, the links you click, how frequently you access the Services, and other actions you take on the Services.
We collect and use this information for internal purposes to: (a) provide access to features on our sites and applications; (b) provide customized content and information; (d) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Services; (e) perform analytics and detect anonymous usage patterns on our Services for use by pocket.watch; (f) diagnose or fix technology problems; (g) detect or prevent fraud or other harmful activities, (h) otherwise to plan for and improve our Services; and (i) to otherwise support the operations of the Services.
Analytics. We may collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools such as Google Analytics, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Services and to understand more about our users by monitoring aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our website. You can learn more about Google’s practices at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners and view its currently available opt-out options at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Your choices to control tracking technologies. If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies.
Please note that not accepting cookies may negatively impact your experience using the Services, as some features and services on our Services may not work properly. Depending on your mobile device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all cookies and you may not be able to block non-cookie technologies and these browser settings that block cookies may have no effect on such techniques. You may also set your e-mail options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our e-mail and performed certain functions with it.
Sharing of Personal Information
We share personal information in the following ways:
- Service Providers. We share personal information with third-party vendors, consultants and other service providers who perform functions or services on our behalf and under our instructions to support our Services’ operations. For example, we may share personal information with service providers for auditing, compliance, corporate governance functions, identifying and serving contextual advertisements, mailing services, contest and sweepstakes fulfilment, and web hosting.
- Law Enforcement, Regulators and Other Parties for Legal Reasons. We may share personal information:
- in connection with the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims;
- to comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests and legal process;
- to detect, suppress, or prevent fraud;
- to reduce credit risk and collect debts owed to us;
- to protect the health and safety of us, our customers, or any person; or
- as otherwise required by applicable law.
- Business Transaction or Reorganization. We may share personal information as part of a corporate business transaction, such as in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business. We may transfer personal information to a third party as one of the business assets in such a transaction. We may also disclose personal information in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on any affected Service of any change in ownership, as well as any choices you may have regarding Personal Information about you as a result of the transaction.
- Third Parties with Your Consent. We may share personal information about you with other third parties, as disclosed with you when we collect your personal information, and with your consent.
We may also share information with others in an aggregated or otherwise anonymized form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual.
Control Over Your Information
Email Communications Preferences. From time to time, we may send you emails regarding updates to our Services, products or services, notices about our organization, or information about products/services we offer. If you wish to unsubscribe from such emails, simply click the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. Note that you may not opt out of service-related communications (e.g., account verification, transactional communications, changes/updates to features of the Services, technical and security notices).
Modifying or Deleting Your Information. If you have any questions about reviewing, modifying, or deleting your information, or if you want to remove your name or comments from our website or publicly displayed content, you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may not be able to modify or delete your information in all circumstances, unless required by applicable law.
Much of our Services collect only limited amounts of personal information, if any. Below, we describe the instances in which we could potentially collect information from children under 13:
- Support for the internal operations of our Service. We may collect a persistent identifier and other device and usage information when a user visits our website or uses the Service, such as an IP address or a partial IP address, location (at the city level), browser or device type, and a unique identifier which allows us to uniquely identify the browser, device, account, or application, as well as account usage information such as the day/time stamp, referring/exit pages and URLs, pages viewed and similar information. We use this information for our internal purposes, in order to provide access to features, secure the Service, customize content and improve our sites and applications, generate reporting on website usage and other analytics, and to otherwise support our Service.
- Email contact and support services. If we receive an email or customer support inquiry from a child, we may use the information in order to respond to the request and maintain such information only as long as necessary to address the communication. We do not direct promotional email communications to anyone we know to be under the age of 13.
We may share or disclose personal information in a limited number of instances, including:
- We share information with our trusted vendors, third party service providers and individuals to provide services for us on our behalf, which may include analytics providers and hosting services.
- We may also share personal information if we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request; (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof; (c) detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of pocket.watch, its users, or the public; or (e) as required or permitted by law.
- We may also share aggregate or de-identified information in a manner that cannot be reasonably used to identify an individual user.
Advertising. We do not permit third parties to collect information from our website visitors over time for the purpose of serving targeted advertisements on our Services or on other websites and services. We have partnered with SuperAwesome and KIDOZ to show contextual advertisements on our Services in a COPPA-compliant manner. SuperAwesome and KIDOZ are certified by the ESRB under its COPPA safe harbor program. KIDOZ is certified by kidSAFE and Privo under their COPPA safe harbor programs. For more information about SuperAwesome, please visit https://www.superawesome.com. For more information about KIDOZ, please visit https://kidoz.net.
We use Google Analytics to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Services and we have taken steps to minimize this tracking activity, to the extent we have control over a third party’s practices. For example, we utilize Google’s “child-directed treatment” tag to alert Google that our Service may be directed to an audience that includes children and have enabled Google’s “restricted-data processing” by default.
In the event we discover we have collected information from a child in a manner inconsistent with COPPA’s requirements, we will either delete that information or immediately seek parental consent. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13 in a manner inconsistent with COPPA, please contact us at email@example.com.
Links to Third Party Websites and Services
Security of Personal Information
We take reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect unauthorized access, alteration or destruction of all data located on and collected by our site. However, no security system is impenetrable, and no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
How to Contact Us
Please contact us at the mailing address, email, or phone number below with questions about our privacy policies and collection and use practices:
8500 Steller Dr., Bldg. 7
Culver City, CA 90232
United States of America