CALIFORNIA PRIVACY NOTICE
Last Updated: February 21, 2020
California law requires us to disclose certain information regarding the categories of personal information we collect and the rights you may have in connection with such information. For purposes of this section, “personal information” has the meaning provided by the California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”), and does not include information that is (i) publicly available, (ii) deidentified or aggregated such that it is not capable of being associated with you, or (iii) that is excluded from the CCPA’s scope, such as personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, such as the HIPAA, the FCRA, GLBA or the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994. These CA Disclosures also do not apply to information relating to our employees, contractors, and other personnel.
Collection and use of personal information
We collect personal information from and about you for a variety of purposes. For example, we use personal information to fulfill your requests, process your transactions and provide our Services to you; to communicate with you; for marketing and advertising purposes; to monitor, improve, and develop our products and services; and to protect the security and integrity of our business, comply with legal requirements and obligations; for our business and operational purposes; and as otherwise permitted or required by law.
The personal information we collect may depend on the manner in which you use our Service. In the last 12 months, we may have collected the following categories of personal information:
DISCLOSURE of personal information
In the previous 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information to third parties for a business purpose: All of the categories of personal information we collect, explained in the table above.
In the last 12 months, we have not sold personal information about you.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
As a California resident, you may be able to exercise the following rights in relation to the Personal Information about you that we have collected (subject to certain limitations at law):
- The Right to Know any or all of the following information relating to your personal information we have collected and disclosed in the last 12 months, upon verification of your identity:
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources of the personal information;
- The categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for a business purpose, and the categories of recipients to whom this information was disclosed;
- The categories of personal information we have sold and the categories of third parties to whom the information was sold; and
- The business or commercial purposes for collecting or selling the personal information.
- The Right to Request Deletion of personal information we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
- The Right to Opt Out of Personal Information Sales to third parties now or in the future. If you are under the age of 16, you have the right to opt in, or to have a parent or guardian opt in on your behalf, to such sales.
You also have the right to be free of discrimination for exercising these rights. However, please note that if the exercise of these rights limits our ability to process personal information (such as in the case of a deletion request), we may no longer be able to provide you our products and services or engage with you in the same manner.
HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
You may submit a request to exercise your California Consumer Rights through one of the mechanisms described below. We will need to verify your identity before processing your request, which may require us to request additional personal information from you or require you to log into your account, if you have one. In certain circumstances, we may decline or limit your request, particularly where we are unable to verify your identity or locate your information in our systems, or as permitted by law.
To exercise your California Consumer Rights, please submit a request by:
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “California Rights Request,”
- Filling out our California Consumer Rights Request Form, or
Please note: we do not sell personal information.
Authorized Agents. If you are submitting a California Consumer Rights request on behalf of another individual or your minor child, we may require additional documentation to verify that you are properly authorized to request this information and it may take additional time to fulfil your request.
Minors. We do not sell the personal information of consumers we know to be less than 16 years of age, unless we receive affirmative authorization (the “Right to Opt In”) from either the minor who is between 13 and 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a minor less than 13 years of age.
California’s “Shine the Light” Law. California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section §1798.83) provides certain rights to California residents that have an established business relationship with us with regard to the disclosure of certain types of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. In the past 12 months, we have not sold personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, as defined by the Shine the Light law.
Do Not Track Signals. Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our users, we are unable to respond to Do Not Track signals set by your browser or mobile application at this time.
Updates to These CA Disclosures
We will update these CA Disclosures from time to time. When we make changes to these CA Disclosures, we will change the “Last Updated” date at the beginning of these CA Disclosures. If we make material changes to these CA Disclosures, we will notify you by email to your registered email address, by prominent posting on our online services, or through other appropriate communication channels. All changes shall be effective from the date of publication unless otherwise provided in the notification.