Working at pocket.watch is EPIC! We’re Engaged, Playful, Innovative, and Collaborative. That doesn’t just describe our culture, it also describes the people that work here. If this sounds like you, and you have a passion for disrupting industries, then our rapidly growing team may be a perfect fit.
We invite YOU
to be YOU
Pocket.watch is dedicated to surprising and delighting generation alpha, the most diverse Generation yet, through digital-first content. We believe the best way to do that is by celebrating our differences, varied perspectives, and embracing all that makes us unique in a fair and equitable way. It’s through our collective experiences that we innovate and unlock the infinite possibilities of the digital kids landscape. Come play with us!
If we’ve sparked your interest, explore our current job openings to learn more about joining team pocket.watch.
Location: Culver City, CA
A new kind of studio, pocket.watch is fresh, fast and exuberant — combining the vitality of today’s digital grassroots with the enduring power of classic, epic storytelling. It’s for small-screen video and big-screen blockbusters, apps, toys, and everything else kids love. A daring outlet for creators and visionaries, pocket.watch strives to bring kids and families more of what they love from the digital world. Founded in 2017 and based in Culver City, the pocket.watch team features studio veterans and visionaries from traditional and digital entertainment. Investors include Viacom, Greycroft and United Talent Agency (UTA), as well as notable individuals including Robert Downey Jr. and Jon Landau (Producer, Avatar and Titanic).
Pocket.watch is currently seeking an animator to help bring our characters to life on screens everywhere. The ideal team member will be highly proficient creating animations that will help launch pocket.watch’s animation division. This is an excellent opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a trailblazing entertainment company and work with top industry executives.
- Rig, animate, and work with directors and art assets provided to create short and long form animated shows
- Conduct explorations in visual development and creating character, background, and other asset illustrations.
- Work closely with artists and producers throughout story and episode development
- Use creative problem solving and innovative uses of technology to assist in our productions
- Stay informed of animation technology trends – make recommendations and adopt new tools and methodologies to continually improve efficiency and enhance our animated series
- Work closely with our team of editors on the post-production team to integrate animations into other productions
Knowledge and Experience
- Portfolio demonstrating needed artistic skills
- Experience in creating content for the web, especially YouTube
- High level understanding of codecs, raw video files, exporting, transcoding and compression techniques
- Skilled in ToonBoom or Cinema4D
- Expert level skills in Adobe Creative Cloud, namely Character Animator, Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, and some Audition
- Expert in Flash animation
- Familiarity with Slack, Asana, and Google Drive a plus
- Organized, dependable, knowledgeable and detail oriented
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy • A positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Detail oriented and easily able to manage both time and priorities without compromising quality of work.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work collaboratively within a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- We are an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume, salary expectations, and current reel/portfolio link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Direct applications only, please.
Pocket.watch is an
Pocket.watch provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination in any employment decision with respect to an individual’s race, creed, color, religion or religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sex stereotyping, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, genetic information or characteristic, physical or mental disability, family care or medical leave status, military status, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or federal law.