We invite YOU to be YOU
Pocket.watch is dedicated to surprising and delighting Generation Alpha, the most diverse generation yet, through digital-first content. We believe the best way to do that is by celebrating our differences, varied perspectives, and embracing all that makes us unique in a fair and equitable way. It’s through our collective experiences that we innovate and unlock the infinite possibilities of the digital kid’s landscape. Come play with us.
At pocket.watch, we bring kids more of what they love – and we do that in large part due to our most valuable asset, our employees. Pocket.watchers are engaged, playful, innovative, and collaborative. In a word, they are EPIC. And when they work here, they get to be a part of building something great, taking the initiative to bring creative ideas to life, and doing it with other fun and smart people.
So, what does it mean to be a pocket.watcher? It means having the desire to work with others to build something meaningful. It means taking pride not only in your work but in the work of your teammates. It means being motivated, being creative, and thriving on taking the initiative to make great ideas come to life. Pocket.watchers value being able to speak up and having their voices heard. They value having fun. They value their work atmosphere, their teammates, and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children, not just through entertainment but through ongoing social and environmental justice initiatives.
You may be asking, “what’s in it for me?” After all, where you choose to work should be about more than just receiving a paycheck. We work hard to ensure that every person we hire shares our EPIC values, understands how their work contributes to the company’s success and stays connected to our goals. We support our community and our employees by taking an active role in expanding diversity in the tech and entertainment industries, working to heal and improve the environment, and educating ourselves and others. We’ll make sure you get to be yourself every day in every situation. We’ll listen when you have a great idea to share. And we’ll support your need to take care of the things that are important to you outside of pocket.watch because, while we like to think of ourselves as a family, we understand that people have a life outside of work.
At pocket.watch, we invite you to be you. Come play with us.
If we’ve sparked your interest, explore our current job openings to learn more about joining team pocket.watch.
Location: Culver City, CA
A new kind of studio, pocket.watch is fresh, fast and exuberant — combining the vitality of today’s digital grassroots with the enduring power of classic, epic storytelling. It’s for small-screen video and big-screen blockbusters, apps, toys, and everything else kids love. A daring outlet for creators and visionaries, pocket.watch strives to bring kids and families more of what they love from the digital world. Founded in 2017 and based in Culver City, the pocket.watch team features studio veterans and visionaries from traditional and digital entertainment. Investors include Viacom, Greycroft and United Talent Agency (UTA), as well as notable individuals including Robert Downey Jr. and Jon Landau (Producer, Avatar and Titanic).
Pocket.watch is currently seeking an animator to help bring our characters to life on screens everywhere. The ideal team member will be highly proficient creating animations that will help launch pocket.watch’s animation division. This is an excellent opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a trailblazing entertainment company and work with top industry executives.
- Rig, animate, and work with directors and art assets provided to create short and long form animated shows
- Conduct explorations in visual development and creating character, background, and other asset illustrations.
- Work closely with artists and producers throughout story and episode development
- Use creative problem solving and innovative uses of technology to assist in our productions
- Stay informed of animation technology trends – make recommendations and adopt new tools and methodologies to continually improve efficiency and enhance our animated series
- Work closely with our team of editors on the post-production team to integrate animations into other productions
Knowledge and Experience
- Portfolio demonstrating needed artistic skills
- Experience in creating content for the web, especially YouTube
- High level understanding of codecs, raw video files, exporting, transcoding and compression techniques
- Skilled in ToonBoom or Cinema4D
- Expert level skills in Adobe Creative Cloud, namely Character Animator, Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, and some Audition
- Expert in Flash animation
- Familiarity with Slack, Asana, and Google Drive a plus
- Organized, dependable, knowledgeable and detail oriented
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy • A positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Detail oriented and easily able to manage both time and priorities without compromising quality of work.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work collaboratively within a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- We are an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume, salary expectations, and current reel/portfolio link to email@example.com.
Direct applications only, please.
Pocket.watch is an
Pocket.watch provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination in any employment decision with respect to an individual’s race, creed, color, religion or religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sex stereotyping, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, genetic information or characteristic, physical or mental disability, family care or medical leave status, military status, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or federal law.